Prohibited Online Goods are items classified by PACK & SEND as being incompatible for transport through our automated Online Self-Service system.
Prohibited Online Goods may only be sent through the personalised services of a PACK & SEND Retail Service Centre. If you have such goods, phone 0508 722 548 and speak to an expert at one of our Service Centres, as there are no limits to how we can help you.
Please ensure that your goods are not Prohibited Online Goods before you book your automated Online Self-Service order as surcharges do apply under our Terms & Conditions if we collect such goods. You will also be inconvenienced as result of us either holding such goods for you to collect or you paying to have the Goods returned.
Prohibited Online Goods that cannot be sent through the automated Online Self-Service are:
- Unpackaged Goods.
- Goods that are not packed safely and carefully to a standard as published on our website with the outer packaging and internal cushioning sufficient to protect the goods for shock, vibration, compression and short drops during the handling and sortation process, transport and storage.
- Any consignment that has a value in excess of $1,000.
- Any single parcel that has an actual weight in excess of 25kg.
- Any single parcel that has a cubic volume in excess of 0.1 cubic metres (m³ = length x width x height), or has the longest side measuring less than 160cm for domestic sending, and 120cm for international shipments (surcharges will apply any single parcel over 120cm in length).
- Any of the following goods (regardless of how it may be packed by the customer).
- Paintings, canvas art, works of art, picture frames
- Crockery and vases/porcelain/ceramics
- Marble, quartz, Caesar stone and other stone or imitation stone products
- Glass or goods containing glass
- Laptops, monitors, computers and printers
- Mobile phones
- Televisions, monitors, tablets
- Automotive Panels
- Motors, motorised vehicles, motor scooters, escooters
- Furniture, fully assembled or unpacked furniture and bedding
- Household goods removals
- Household goods containing flammable liquids eg. hand sanitiser, antiseptic wipes
- Unaccompanied excess baggage or personal effects for international delivery
- Lithium or Metal Batteries or products containing these batteries (including mobile phones, laptops, escooters, power tools and large drones)
- Inks/Toner cartridges
- Wine/spirits and beer
- Jewellery, gold or silver articles and precious stones or items containing gold, silver or precious stones
- White goods (e.g. clothes dryer, microwave, freezer, fridge, oven, cooking plate, water heater, air conditioner).
- Palletised goods (or items needing pallet jacks / fork lifts)
- Goods containing oil (e.g. motorbikes, scooters & gearboxes)
- Coins, bullion, cash, bonds, banknotes, deeds, bills of exchange, credit cards, gift cards, other documents representing money, negotiable items.
- Dangerous Goods (e.g. aerosol cans, flammable items, toxic gases, explosives etc)
- Perfume, nail polish, hairspray
- Ashes or human specimens
- Bloodstock, Livestock or animals
- Living or dead plants, trees, seeds and flowers
- Frozen or chilled meat, seafood or foodstuffs
- Firearms and parts thereof, ammunition, replica weapons, knives, swords and other weapons
- Scientific Equipment
- Any item that requires collection from any Grays Online depot
- Any items being consigned for delivery to a PO Box or Locked Bag
- Any item that requires collection from the ‘lost & found’ section of Airlines at airports